Yes, it is true, a bird came to see us! I was downstairs folding some clothes, and Jenssen wanted a drink. I reminded him his milk from lunch was still on the table upstairs. He decided he would go get a drink and come right back down. "Ummm.. Dwrink mommy...uhhmmm...upstairs...uhmm...Jenssen..... come downstairs....uve you mommy." I nodded my approval and continued to contemplate where all these socks are disappearing too. (Why can't the whole pair get lost? Each time I do laundry I'm missing one more. You would think eventually I'd lose two of the same kind so then I wouldn't have an odd sock anymore. Anyway, back to the bird.)
So, I suddenly hear "BIRD! BIRD! Mommy BIRD!" The way he says it is so cute!
Wow, this really shows off my dirty window...
Yes, right there, a bird finally came to see Jenssen and take a nibble from the bird feeder! I discussed with Jens that he was the scout, just testing it out, and once he realized how tasty the bird seed mix was, there would be more. And sure enough there were! About 4 in all.
However, Jenssen's excitement and banging on the door made the birds think twice about this lunch stop. We haven't seen any since. But we built it, and they came, so we are counting it as a victory! Jenssen now sits at the table during lunch and retells the story over and over. He came up to get a drink, and there were birds out there, he banged on the window, and they flew away. It is always a refreshing part of my day to see him tell such simple stories with such enthusiasm. A little splash of lemon in my water!
And to our defense, it doesn't help that Charlie soon developed an interest in the porch and spends every sunny hour out there.
Who knows, maybe during next week's sock hunt we will have more visitors. Jenssen is sure looking forward to it.

Birds! About time but how are his flowers? I can't wait to hear him tell me the story.
ReplyDelete~Cori