Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Waiting...

No babe yet.  Today started out quite promising though!  As normal, I woke up to a "mommy?" whisper coming from a certain little boy's door at 0600 on the dot.  I wake up to pee at 0500, start to fall back to sleep, after catching my breath from the effort of getting back into bed and all my pillows situated, when Justin's alarm goes off at 0530.  I lay there, eyes closed while he gets dressed and ready for PT, and get a kiss goodbye at about 0550.  Then the whispering starts at 0600.  I got out of bed to get my little munchkin and laid him back in bed with me.  (Every morning I think I can trick him into sleeping for a little bit longer.  I never succeed, but I enjoy the snuggling while I try.)  It was about that time I realized today would be interesting.

Baby is laying with his back to my right side, making for some sore ribs on the right, and some sharp kicks on the left. (Anyone who knows how much Jenssen can dig his little toes and feet into things, pushing his back against what he is sitting against would have some idea what his little brother is doing to my rib cage.)  I had a few contractions while laying in bed with Jenssen, and decided it was time to get up and move around.  So, breakfast made (let's be honest, cereal poured) and they seemed to go away.  However, they returned with a vengeance.  I thought, oh my, here we go.  Only problem being, they weren't regular, just random and in different places, but definitely caught my attention.  Thankfully Justin had been fasting since 7 pm the night before for a physical to go to airborne school, so he came home early for lunch.  I just felt strange, and was kinda at my 9 month pregnant wits end with the 2 year old who couldn't understand why mom can't lay on the floor and play trucks or chase him around the room.  Thankfully, Justin was able to stay home in the afternoon, and I took a nap.  (thank you to his command, I owe ya!) The evening has been the same, random sharp ouchies, but nothing to head in about.  So, I put up the co-sleeper, gave the hospital bag a look over, cleaned the place a bit, and did some laundry, just in case ;)

The co - sleeper has caught Jenssen's attention.  Here is a picture of it if you aren't familiar.  It's like a pack in play, that has a side that folds down, allowing you to put the baby next to your bed with the idea that night time feedings won't require you getting out of bed.  (I can only hope I'm as happy looking as the lady in the pic!)  Well, I have delayed putting it up for 2 reasons.  1, the cats and their hair, and 2, Jenssen and his refusal to see himself as a big boy and instead a baby.  So, I gave in and put it up tonight.  Of course, Jenssen's first reaction is, "baby!" (pointing to himself) and "night night" (wanting to lay down in it).  Despite my attempts to explain that only the baby sleeps in there, Jenssen refused to let the issue go.  So, we got a baby blanket and a teddy bear from his room.  We swaddled up the bear (which made us realize maybe we should brush up on that skill, and soon!) and had Jenssen hold the "baby".  He was so good with it!  He held it like a baby, kinda rocked it, then gave it a kiss.  I told him to put the baby night night, so he threw the bear in the co - sleeper.  A little concerned about that, but overall, he got the idea.  Then he had to go kiss the baby night night before we left the room, and before he went to bed for the night.  Let's hope he's that accepting when the real guy shows up!

Justin is hoping for a baby tonight yet, as he thinks he gets $100 bucks for picking today as the day I'd have the baby.  However, I think a few more uncomfortable days are ahead of me.  But if not, I do have a few more things ready!

Yesterday I felt like some mommy time, so after supper, I headed in to town and got myself a pedicure.  Turns out it was Military Monday, and they give specials to pregnant people, so I ended up with the "Hollywood package", which lasted nearly 2 hours.  Two amazing hours, had the lady next to me not have been trying to talk to me the entire time about me being pregnant, and her "birth experience" (note to all, unless someone specifically asks you, a stranger getting a pedicure next to you does NOT want to know all about your birth experience, nor does the poor lady doing the pedicure).  Nothing makes a pedicure a pedicure like all the gossip magazines, but unfortunately, those were all on the previously mentioned lady's lap (another note to all, if you are going to spend the whole time telling the stranger next to you about your birth experience, at least let her have US or People).  Despite my new friend, it was still relaxing (love those chairs!) and I ended up with soft feet and pretty toes (no, not as good as yours dad, but close!) 


I was a bit nervous as to how Jenssen and Justin were doing, as I thought I'd be gone no longer than 45 min.  Well, I get home, and find out.  Cinnamon roll for pre-bedtime snack.  Thanks daddy.

Nothing exciting, but hey, what is exciting about waiting? 

2 comments:

  1. "I told him to put the baby night night, so he threw the bear in the co - sleeper."
    LOVE IT and I can totally imagine that happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm sure you'll look as relaxed and happy as that mommy in the photo. You just need Big Brother hanging over the side of the crib with his backhoe ready to be launched. Oh, baby #2 (and others) are so much tougher than #1.

    Love you guys.
    G and G M

    ReplyDelete