Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cleaning fool!

Hello all!  I hope everyone has had a productive day, because this lady has!   Seriously, this nesting is no joke.  And I think it is contagious.  Even Jenssen was wiping down the fridge with me.  Yes Teal, I do wish this came more often!  Odd, how the urge to nest usually results in cleaning for days on ends, when you are supposed to be sitting down with your feet up, 20+ pounds heavier than normal, and have a large beach ball in your tummy.   Instead, I put in a DVD for Jenssen, see an Izzy hair, and the next thing I know, it's 2 hours later and Jenssen, red eyed and way over due for his nap, has the Clorox wipes and is wiping down everything he sees (Izzy included) and I have the fridge, couch, and TV pulled out, vacuuming and cleaning all around it.  Every inch of this house has been vacuumed, wiped, dusted, polished, and organized.  

Once I got Jenssen down for nap, I was looking forward to a relaxing episode of Days (yes, still my occasional guilty pleasure....) when low and behold, there was a clump of black cat hair.  I can't win, and I did this to myself.  A white dog, a black cat, and a long haired black and white cat.  But COM'MON CHARLIE!  Vacuuming stairs is not easy with a 2 year old and a 7 lb baby in your belly.  I have threatened before, but today was the day.  A trip to Pet Co after nap time and viola!
A lion cut Charlie.  Now, some have commented on how upset she looks.  To be honest, she has this look most of the day, even with all of her hair.  She is very soft now, not near as eager to sneak outside, AND not a black hair has been found since.  Mika and Izzy better watch out...




Not much new going on these days, just taking some advice from Kim and enjoying our last days as a family of three.  I had heard of this Chinese place from a gal at work, so we decided to try it out.  We have officially found a new Hunan's!  Now, of course there was no friendly hostess, but the people were nice, and the food was delicious!  I ordered a snow pea and water chestnut dish, and it came with little corn cobs in it (you know, the baby looking corn, maybe it has a real name, but I think it is just baby corn?).  I put some of the veggies on Jenssen's plate, and he picked up the corn cob and said "Papa?"  Don't worry dad, he hasn't forgotten you, or your fun toys!

Jenssen finished off two bowls of egg drop soup.  Quite a bit was spilt while he learned how to use the fancy Chinese spoon, but he got the hang of it. 

 Then, came fortune cookie time.  He chowed down, until he realized there was something inside this strange but tasty little cookie.  Hmm... here dad, help.  His fortune had something to do with staying positive in new situations.  Let's hope he remembers that.

Then, a quick stop across the street to REI, a sporting store up here.  I wanted to get Jenssen some spring boots, since he can get them on and off by himself, is IN LOVE with boots, and lesson learned from last year; Alaska is a wet place.  He has a few pairs or rain boots, but his poor little feet get so cold.  So we got some BOGS, half off.  Bring on Spring Alaska!  And of course, we had to try out a bike.  As my mom pointed out, there is a lack of helmet.  Well, the helmets were in boxes, and don't worry, he didn't go anywhere, as he didn't get the concept of pedals.  He doesn't quite have the motion down yet, but he got up on it by himself, so it's a start.  My little guy will be flying down the driveway pretty soon in one of these.  Crazy! 

No news on the baby front.  A few more contractions here and there, but nothing to keep me from cleaning!  I put the car seat for the baby in the jeep, and the next time Jenssen got in there, he looked at it, frowned, and said "No."  I said, "but bud, it's for the baby".  He looked at me, and with a look on his face telling me he already told me this, he said "No."  Not a good sign.  But today he looked at it and said "baby?" I said "yup! for the baby!" Then he pointed to himself, per his norm, and said "Baby?" Of course, when I corrected him that he was a big boy, I got a pouty face and a "BABY!"  Got to love those two year olds.  Any tips on helping Jenssen adjust are welcome!

Despite my energy during the day, the evening finds me quite tired.  Better get sleep while I can!

Enjoy your spring weather if you have it.  And if it's still kinda winterish, just remember, it won't be like this for long ;)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos of Jenssen!
    Glad he remembers Papa when he sees corn.
    Miss the little guy and you all.
    Wish you were here to clean my house. I cleaned the office in the shop all by myself but didn't throw away any magazines from 2002. Ick!
    Love ya. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you couldn't mom, they might some day need an article from ten years ago... they haven't figured out how to put that information on the internet yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see more pictures of the cat! :) Too funny!

    ReplyDelete