If you aren't familiar with Elefun, it is a little game, involving an elephant looking thing, his trunk, paper butterflies, and nets. The idea is that the elephant blows the butterflies out his trunk, and you catch them with the net. It was terribly exciting, for the first 10 minutes. Jenssen screamed in excitement that the elephant was blowing these colorful things out and he got to hold a net.
As you can see from the picture, Jenssen finally learned the "catch them with the net" part. Most often he exclaimed with excitment when a butterly flew out, watched it fall to the ground, then picked it up and put it in the net. He got the "butterfly in the net" memo, just not the "directly in the net" part.
Since he just stood there, waiting for a butterfly to fall into his net, I decided to focus today's lesson on the net, and moving it around. So we practiced swinging the net, moving the net, etc. I should not have been suprised about what happened next.
Can I just say I love this kid?
Something tells me the makers of Elefun never really intended the front of the box to look like this. Soon, the game of catching falling things into a net turned into watching things blow out of an elephant while wearing a net on our head. They do say kids have great imaginations...
Then of course, Jenssen felt he needed someone to join him in his hat wearing adventure. And like always, Miss Charlie was sleeping close by and therefore became his partner in crime (not necessarily willing partner, but partner nonetheless.)
One quick check to make sure the hat is on straight....
Next time you play a game, remember, you don't necessarily have to follow the rules. Just look how much fun Charlie is having!

Thanks for the Jenssen photos. Playing games with him will always be exciting. Love you guys.
ReplyDeleteG&G M
I thought it was cold up there...what's jens doing in shorts? I would also like to see pics of the really pregnant lady dancing around with the butterfly net
ReplyDeleteKatie
I can't wait to play the Elefun game!
ReplyDeleteThat gave me a really good laugh. I bet it's never boring in your house!
ReplyDeleteOMG! That's hysterical, Eli does the same thing. Let's see how long it takes Jenssen to figure out how to take the "trunk" off, place all the butterflies back into the "elephant" place the net on top, switch it on. . .Presto, a net full of butterflies. Eli figured that one out in 2 days! LOL Now he uses the net for everything! Good luck :)
ReplyDeleteKim S
When Jenssen starts playing with his brother Charlie will feel left out and sad - or maybe relieved...
ReplyDeleteWell it is cold, but days we don't leave the house, I like to pretend Spring will come... And Katie, the really pregnant lady sits there, no dancing involved. However, if I haven't had this baby by April 4th, there will be lots of dancing!
ReplyDeleteKim, Jenssen figured that out during tonight's game session. Then he got bored with the net and just put his face in it to have the butterflies fly into his face.
I'm thinking relieved Amy..
Thanks for all the comments everyone! Miss each of you!