Sunday, October 3, 2010

A house transformed!

Looks like I am buying 3 people snuggies for Christmas! So many colors and designs...

It's October, the best month out there! I hope everyone has their black and orange on, and is scoping out the perfect pumpkin to carve. (Unless you are in Savannah, remember, carved pumpkins will be black with mold in the morning. I'm pretty sure in Alaska it will freeze instantly and be good until April, at least.)

Not too exciting of a weekend in the Pekas household. Well, it was kinda exciting for us I guess. Thursday the Halloween decorations went up. Now I'm "that" lady on the block. Oh well. Nap time was used productively and the house was transformed. Not really, but it's cute! I have a stuffed witch that laughs and says "happy halloween!" that I got YEARS ago, like in jr high. Well, it's on the couch, and Jenssen isn't quite sure what to think of it. I have even started my "Count" down. Can you believe the farthest out I could go was 29 days? Crazy! It was on 29 days for 3 days, but now we are counting down!


While I was decorating, I saw a seductive devil in the living room. Don't get all hot and bothered, it's just Justin. Is this halloween costume a go? Or not appropriate for trick or treating?


Friday was a productive day, we started a fire. Don't worry, it was intentional this time, and I didn't lose any pot holders, or need a new fire extinguisher afterwards. We made our living room cozy and used the fireplace! After LOTS of shopping around for fireplace gates, I found that
1. no one wants to ship to Alaska. It isn't like we are across Canada. Wait....
2. whoever makes these gates is making a fortune!
3. each gate is rated for 0-2 years. Does that mean a 2 year old can defeat the gate? If so, I wasted a couple hundred bucks.
4. I can make my own.


Thanks to inspiration (well, basically "here's how you do it") from our friends the Nelson's, we utilized parts of a play yard, some eye hook deal things, and zip ties and have ourselves a gate! We have a mesh door that shuts so nothing can actually be thrown in the fire, but the gate helps keep our little adventure man from getting too close. Izzy sure enjoys laying in front of it. What a life! The house didn't fill up with smoke, no urgent call to the fire department, and our little man wasn't near as curious as I thought he would be. Now we are ready for the winter! (notice the sweet Halloween theme...)

I worked Saturday and Sunday, but we did take time to meet the Dufrane's at a yummy pizza place for supper Saturday night. They have a humus appetizer that will be my new pregnancy craving. Mmmm... good thing it is almost 10 pm or Justin would be going on a run!

Because everyone needs to see a picture of Jenssen, here is the man after dad fed him breakfast of nutella on toast. Of course dad's lack of knowledge of the importance of either taking the pj's off or putting a bib on is caught on camera. Ugh, if only they did laundry...

I have my 16 week appointment on Wed, and will schedule the big ultrasound for a couple weeks after that. I'm getting anxious to find out if I have a sweet little lady in there, or a wild boy.... (I had a mom at the clinic the other day, who had a little boy who was grabbing all the stickers, running, yelling. The mom, looking frazzled, looked at me and said, "I bet you never see mothers of little girls yelling at their kids!" I laughed.) So baby update after that!

Only 3 days before Jenssen and I leave for Nebraska! I am SO excited, but wishing Justin could go with us. Too many people to see in too short of time. So far we have a few lunch or supper dates planned, as well as some good just hanging out time in there. Grandpa McKinney will have a few tractor rides in there too I'm sure. Call me, I want to see everyone!! We should also be back for a few weeks around Christmas also if we don't get to see you this time. Suppose I should go start packing. See you soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. The photos of Justin....well, they scare me! Can't wait to see you and Jenssen in 3 days!

    Safe travels.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete