Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ready for Snow?

I'm not! No snow on the ground yet, but it more and more of the mountain is covered with snow every day. It started raining yesterday, then a text message of "SNOW" from Justin awoke me to the reality that we were next. It looked like it was snowing pretty hard for a little bit, but turned back to rain after a bit which took care of any accumulation. The news said we may wake up to an inch or so of the white fluff (no, not marshmallows from Poland Amy!) but when the PT alarm buzzed, the ground was still bare. I'm safe.... for now.

Apparently it is quite strange for us not to have snow up here already. I guess Alaska is holding off until after Halloween for me! Justin's seductive devil costume isn't all that warm!

We had a fun weekend. Towards the end of the week, Jenssen and I headed to Arctic Oasis. It is an indoor playground on the Air Force side of the base. It has two playgrounds, one for 0-5 and one for 5 and up. (Although the 0-5 didn't keep Jenssen's interest long, so we were quickly battling the big kids). There is also a pretty large work out area across from the playground so parents can work out while kids play. A rock wall for adults, and a smaller one for kids, mini golf, a skateboarding place, some target shooting thing, arcade, and lots of other little things make it a pretty neat spot. Well used once the snow comes I'm sure! There is also a little cafe, spa, wellness center, and lots of little shops. I'm not sure if I can go back to a plain Army base after this joint business with the Air Force!

Jenssen at the 0-5 playground. He really enjoys moving that table in the background all around. Showing off to the ladies.

The big kid playground. Pretty fun.

Jenssen always goes back to this little truck table. He also likes to move this one.

We made the rounds at Sams Club and Costco. (Yes, we are members of both. So torn... Sams Club has pampers and good coke slushies with pretzels, but Costco has way cooler things!) While at Costco, Jenssen decided he had enough of riding in the cart and needed to walk a bit. He stopped at this train table box, and wouldn't budge. I don't know what he was saying to me, but with all the grunting, pointing, and pulling Justin over to it, I'm sure it went along the lines of "I've been a good boy this year, please!!!"

We also spent some of the weekend with the Dufrane's. Tatum, their 2 year old, is Jenssen's buddy, and their yellow lab and Great Dane are Izzy's. We met Erica's mom and her two labs at an open field and let them all run. Here is Izzy with two of them. They were so cute running all together. The yellow lab in Izzy really came out when she was around others, but when you looked close, you'd go "one of these things just doesn't belong here one of these things just isn't the same" :) We'll have to keep that up, because when we got home, Izzy was out! I've never seen her that tired!

That's pretty much all that's going on around here. Justin is working, I'm getting fat, Jenssen grows more into a little boy every day. Man, I love my life (except the getting fat part, ha!)

Hope you are all having a great week. Be sure to put the final touches on the Halloween costumes, it's just around the corner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment