Thursday, May 24, 2012

A good day for a kite

 Let's be honest, when you have a 3 year old, when isn't a good day to fly a kite?

And when your 3 year old loves to wear his superman costume it only makes the day better.  (The costume is quite loved, and no longer fastens in the back.  We were not only sporting the cape, but also some Nemo underware....)

 It was a windy day a while back (obviously, the corn isn't even planted yet!) So we took advantage or it.  As always, our trusty side kick iDog  was near us.  (Justin got me a white iPod when they first came out.  A few years later, a white MacBook that I just assumed was called an iMac (makes sense to me!). Then, a year later, I got a white puppy.  So, we referred to her as iDog.  I thought about doing a commercial for Macintosh, but Izzy isn't much for show business...)


 A lot of posing went on before, during, and after the kite was flying.  Seriously... I'm truly going to have a little Justin on my hands.  Might have to eventually get a bigger costume though.


 It's really the simple things in life.  Like wearing a cape.  Not caring that your underware hang out (but let's be honest, if you were wearing Nemo underware, you wouldn't mind showing the world either!).  Flying a cape.  I need to learn to be more happy with little things like that.



 It is a tiring job making sure that no one is doing anything cool.  And if they are, that you are right there ready to do it with them. 


Turns out, I'm not all that great at flying kites.  But eventually we got her up in the air, and for a few minutes, there was quiet from a very animated little boy, just watching a kite flying high.  Then, we were back to being Superman!

1 comment: