Hey, it's better than playing hookie, right? These last few weeks have been a blur. That is a blessing, and also a downside. During a deployment, I welcome any weeks that fly by. However, when having little boys that already grow up too fast, fast weeks mean less questions, less hugs, and less little baby soft hair.
Rowan has had a bit of a rough few months, with constant colds and resulting ear infections. This has caused a cranky, poor eating, short sleeping baby, and a sleep deprived mommy tired of hearing her baby cry. We have however managed to have a few fun moments and projects going on. Here is a short recap to catch ya up.
Mr Rowan, all 11 months of him, is a whopping 18 lbs, but acts as if he is a line backer for the Huskers. You have to be, with Jenssen as a brother. This is Jenssen's favorite step stool, used to help make cookies (eat dough), wash dishes (splash water), get his own cup (knock every cup out of the cupboard), or look for his "stick" (get in trouble). It used to be a fun thing for Rowan to pull up on. It has now officially become Rowan's step stool also. Yet another thing of grandma's that we must hide on a daily basis.
I have helped Cori in her classroom a few times, and fell in love with teaching. Well, the grading second grade math, stamping, making themed bulletin boards, and picking the secret number of the day. I leave the hard stuff up to the lady with the degree ;) I have really enjoyed going there, and as you can see, I am just about as excited as the night I saw the moose in my yard. Just about.
We have also worked on our colors. Jenssen can name all his colors, when he is in the right mood (bless his teachers and all future ones to come.... this is Justin's child). Jenssen picks out his shirt, and then we try to find one for Rowan that is the same color. This was obviously "yellow" day, as well as sit on the counter day. Both were equally as excited. *disclaimer, all I had to do with sit on the counter day was take the picture. This is all grandma*
With the very mild winter (sorry Anchorage friends!) Jenssen has been enjoying his old swing from when he was a baby. He barely fits in it, and the buckle won't snap, but that doesn't end the fun for this kid. I think he would sit there all day just waiting for someone to come by and swing him.
We have also had "hat" day. This was a Jenssen original. Rowan visits my mom's tubaware cabinet at least daily, and Jenssen will routinely find a few pieces that Rowan throws out. This day, he decided it fit on his head, and wore it for the next few hours, constantly reminding me that he had a hat on. We have now worked "hat" day into our rotation, figuring what else fits on our heads. I approach this day with caution, as I am once again reminded that these are Justin's children, so I may want to carefully screen what we label as hats, or who knows what we will end up with on our heads.
We have also been keeping busy with MOPS, Jenssen starting preschool (well, pre preschool, aka play dates. More to come!) Rowan's doctor's appointments (getting tubes in a few weeks!), all getting, and getting over colds (always a work in progress it seems), visits from family and friends, talking about daddy and skyping with him, making memories, and counting down days until daddy comes home! We vacuum once in a while in there, and try to not get kicked out of grandma and grandpa's house.
Hope you enjoyed the catch up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment