This was what ran through my head right before lunch one day this week. So we did.
It is amazing what a blanket, the floor, and a different room can do to two little boy's appetites. They both cleaned their plate.
Well, this one more "cleared" his plate...
Sitting at eye level with the boys, sharing in their view of the world, I was reminded just how blessed I am. Two adoring kiddos, who although by the end of the day might test every ounce of patience and strength I have in me, are my world. Like every moment these last few months, the only thing missing was daddy.
Jenssen and I discussed the concept of a picnic, and what you need to have a picnic. We talked about where we would have our next picnic once it was nice enough to do it outside. The answer to my question, where should we have our next picnic? The backhoe of course.
Then back to munching on his sandwich. When it comes down to it, maybe life is just that simple.
Switch it up. Get a blanket, sit on the floor, and take your time. It will be worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment