Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DIY: Sud Squid

 The age ol' trick to surviving and making a deployment go quick is to stay busy.  With a toddler and and a baby, that isn't hard to to.  However, to make sure I stay busy, I have also decided to attempt to make all my Christmas gifts, toys, and various other household objects.  Some of them turn out, some don't. The ones that do turn out will get featured, and what the heck, so will those that don't.

My first project was a sud friend for Jenssen.  Jenssen has decided he must use soap in the bathtub, mom washing him with baby soap is "for Rowan."  However a bar of soap is too slippery for him to hold on to, and he quickly loses interest.  So.... we created Sud Squid.  Start off with a wash cloth (I used a kids one because I have a zillion) and a bar of soap (I used a Johnson & Johnson baby bar since I like the smell.  Ideally it would be tear free, but I couldn't find that).  Break in half.  Take an artistic picture.
 Next I used a hair tie to gather the wash cloth and secure.
 I trimmed the wash cloth to create tentacles (read that carefully for what I'm going for here...)  I originally planned on 8, until I decided to name him Sud Squid, which meant I needed 10.  Well, he has like 7, as one fell off when I pulled it.  So after you cut it pull each arm which will cause the cloth to roll on itself and lengthen. 
 Add a face and smile, and viol'la, Sud Squid.  (Yes, you can make a full sized one for you too!)
 Clean boy!
As long as you put it up when not using it instead of letting it sit in water, it should last at least a month, and you will have one kid, eager to get clean!


1 comment: