Saturday, September 17, 2011

Turns

Life takes so many turns.  Some go unnoticed, while others take you in a completely different direction than was planned.  Some go right where you want, and some leave your head spinning, wondering what is next.

I can definately say that the turn that brought us up to Alaska was an unwelcomed and unwanted twist to my plan.  It did however turn out to be one of the best experiences I could ever hope for. Unfortunately, it is coming to an end.

Life is turning again for us.  Justin will be deploying, and we have decided it will be best for everyone if the boys and I spend the deployment closer to family.  There are so many details, fine print, and reading between the lines that go along with this chapter in our life.  To keep things simple, we will leave it at that.  Although we would have been coming down on orders to move in a year anyway, it seems too soon to leave.  There is so much up here I want to do yet, and the boys are growing too fast for Justin to miss an entire year.


Amy and Kim were up here this week.  They left tonight and took Izzy and the cats with them, to make our trip home a little easier in October.  I kept putting off writing this blog.  Maybe if I never wrote the words "deployment" and "move home" and "over", it wouldn't happen.  But watching Justin load the kennels in the truck, and drive away with Amy and Kim, suitcases packed and plane tickets in hand, it got real, real fast.  The last 2 1/2 years have been a roller coaster for us.  Never knowing what state we would make our home in next has been such a mix of excitement, anticipation, fear, nerves, and incredible growth as individuals, spouses, parents, and a family.  I can't believe that the summer, and all the visitors that it brought, came and went so quickly.  And that this fall has snuck up on me.

Someday, everything will all make perfect sense.  
So for now, 
laugh at the confusion, 
smile through the tears, 
and keep reminding yourself 
that everything happens for a reason.

Those words are repeated in my head many times a day.

Thanks to Amy and Kim jump starting me, my days will now be filled with packing and more decision making than I'd like to do in the next 10 years.  I'm trying to keep the house intact, and as normal a life as possible, for as long as I can.  But all too soon wedding pictures, plates, toys, bedding, and clothes will be packed away, and who knows what state we will open them in next.   I am so fortunate and blessed to have family and friends that want us close for the year, and that will and have done whatever we need to make things easier on us.  Thank you, I can't say it enough.

We are however making sure to make the most of our last month in Alaska, and making enough family memories to last for a year.

Pictures, laughs, and stories to come from Lisa and Cole's visit, Denali, Fairbanks, Northern Light sighting, A sister trip north, and a sister trip south (Yea, I still have my trip with Cori to Seward to write about!) little boy adventures, cute baby smiles, and beautiful fall colors. 

Stay tuned, life is about to get interesting! (Again...)

1 comment:

  1. Tam, you are in my heart and i love you. Does that help at all, wish I could do more!
    GGma

    ReplyDelete