September 3rd, 2005.
Six years ago today I put on a white dress, walked down the aisle of a church a grew up in, hugged my dad, and married my best friend. It was the best decision of my life.
At the time, I knew exactly what I was doing. I was 20 years old. I was ready. I was marrying the boy I grew up with. I knew him. I was marrying the soldier I loved. Army wife here I come. I was becoming a wife. I've got this. We were becoming one. Forever.
Looking back, I had no clue.
I was only 20 years old, six years later that seems so young. I didn't realize how much we would continue to grow, both up and together. I didn't see the degree that his profession would affect our lives. I didn't understand how rewarding, frustrating, and fulfilling being a wife would be. I didn't anticipate that we weren't becoming one, but instead a family.
Six years ago I promised to love and cherish one man for the rest of my life. I brought him into my family to give love and be loved, and I walked into his family to do the same.
Marriage is so much more than a wedding, a party, a white dress, rings, and vows. It is more than in-laws, joint checking (I so win that one though!), and no longer caring about if your pajamas are cute. I have a lot more figured out now than I did back then, but I have a lot farther to go.
The day of my wedding my mom gave me a quote.
"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, but always with the same person."
Justin, I can truly say I fall in love with you again every day. In six years we have overcome many struggles. We have had five address, spent four anniversaries apart, lived in three states, brought two wonderful children into this world, and kept the one promise we made to each other that day. I cherish each memory and I can only imagine the adventures that await us. You never said it would be easy, you only said it would be worth it, right?
Happy anniversary bud. I love you.





Happy Anniversary you two!
ReplyDeleteRequest: write a blog that I won't cry to!
~C
Love you two no matter where you are! Just keep God there with you too.
ReplyDeleteMom and Dad