Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Stretching out

 Ah, doesn't that make you want to stretch?  I love a baby's face after he has woken up and is stretching.  That, or this picture makes me think he is saying "Seriously mom?  another picture? Fine, here, look, I'm stretching, hurry up, now take a picture, then leave me alone.  There? Got your picture?  Good..."
 While Rowan sleeps, Jenssen bakes.  (he bakes as well as Justin cleans, and if you know Justin, you know it isn't all that well...)  He smashes bananas well.
 Then, the banana bread was quickly forgotten, as Jenssen soon realized there was an imminent threat to our family, and the only thing that would protect us was his back hoe gun (why is it that with little boys everything becomes a gun?  Back hoes, shoes, golf clubs, silverware, toast?).  We never did figure out where or what that threat was.  Just as quickly as the threat was discovered, the it was forgotten, as he was offered a beater from the mixer.
 It was funny to see his reaction, thinking he was getting the usual cookie dough.  Didn't quite lick this one clean.  Maybe we will be making more bread less cookies?  Doubtful.


Aunt Kim and Uncle Brent sent Rowan this darling little cowboy outfit.  He wasn't the happiest cowboy this side of the Mississippi (we are technically on a side of the Mississippi I guess...).  Just so happened, I had a cow blanket out, so I thought he'd feel more at home on that.


 Nope.  Don't worry, we'll get a happy cowboy sooner or later.

And, the brothers.  Holy cow, I have children, that are brothers... still getting used to this.  I had asked Justin to hold Rowan for me while I got something out of the kitchen, and I look back to see Rowan sitting on the couch.  Startling to see your one month old sitting on the couch.  So, of course, big brother couldn't let Rowan sit alone!  We got one good picture, then they started fighting.  Does it really start this young?

Well, I am off.  I am meeting some army wife friends to take the kiddos to a Sesame Street show on base.  It's starts at 330 pm, so if I start getting everyone up from nap time and ready to go at 2 pm, I should make it in time, right?

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hold these brothers!
    And give you and Justin some free time.
    Gma M and Gpa T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? You are really surprised everything turns into a gun? Reasons why this is not unusual:
    1) Father = Justin
    2) PaPa = Tom
    3) Uncle = Brent
    4) Mom's girly pearl gun

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is this kid eating? Jenssen will have a challenge! Counting the days till we see all of you and hold those boys.
    GGma

    ReplyDelete