Sunday, October 2, 2011

Snack time!

So, gone is my little man who ate anything you put in front of him with no fuss, and on comes the particular nearly three year old who wants to eat what he wants and nothing else.  Time to get inventive!

Thanks to pintrest, and two creative aunts, Jenssen has had some pretty awesome snacks lately.  (If the word "pintrest" means nothing to you, please, give me your email and let me send you an invite.  If you have one blood cell of craftiness or want to be craftiness in you, or are interested in anything at all, believe me, you will thank me - or growl at me when you loose hours of your life on there).

 Apple peanut butter star
So simple, slice up an apple, put some PB on there, sprinkle with granola, dried fruit, or in this case, chocolate chips. (I used mini because then you don't have to do as many).

 Caterpillar Banana
Designed and created by Amy and Kim, this banana was devoured, antennas and all.   Banana for the body, pretzels (or in this case the sticks from sticks and cheese - yes, that is my official name for those snack packs) and grapes for the top.
 Butterflies
Grapes for body, orange for wings.  Simple and delicious!
 Octopus hot dog!
My favorite, and now the only way this kid will eat a hot dog.  Split it up, stand it on some "seaweed" - mac n cheese, green beans, rice, whatever ya want - and you are complete!  Plus, he learned a new word, and loves to count to see how many legs I was able to make.  Rarely is it all 8....

 Apple Smile
First, I love this kid.  Second, apple slice, PB, and mini marshmallows in between.  We talked about teeth, learned that they fall out, is important to brush them, and that mommy and Jenssen have them.  

He really surprised me that he didn't just eat the chocolate chips or marshmallows in these creations, but he actually ate almost all of it.  We like our food to look interesting, so it shouldn't be a surprise that kiddos do too. 

 So, if you have a particular toddler also, or just want to jazz up your own snack time, try these!

3 comments:

  1. Here I am thinking I need to be getting soup made for Jenssen and me. Maybe fishy noodles will work.
    Cori and I are counting the days.
    Love and hugs.FFma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how Jenssen's smile and that apple's smile are identical! Papa and I laughed.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog. Can't wait to see what other creations you come up with.

    ReplyDelete