I have spent the last few weeks transforming Jenssen's baby zoo themed room into more of a boy truck room, which will double as a room for the new little one also. If you have visited me up here, you know with the limited space I have, this was going to be a challenge. But, Target came through for me with some snazzy totes and such, and we were set! So, now we are a zoo/truck themed room for little and big boys.
Yea, I know, I'm gonna have to make another sign... It is supposed to go above his bed, but in earthquake country, large heavy signs aren't a good thing to hang above your son's bed.And here is our set! Matched so nicely to my tubs from before. You probably can't tell, but the sheets have stripes on them, and one of the stripes is tire marks. I'm in love. So cute!
And, because I had the camera out, here is my latest organization project. Now that I see the picture, it doesn't look so organized, but believe me, it is an improvement! It's a struggle to get everything for a 2 year old, and a baby, in one room. So, tubs were once again my friend. Now that Jenssen is into dressing himself and picking out his shirt, his clothes are in easy to access tubs instead of the dresser. Makes for a happier mommy and buddy. And yes, everything is labeled. I'm telling ya, giving a label maker to a pregnant gal is dangerous!
And the man gets to come see his new bed! That was one excited boy.
That face says it all. "Mom, stop, it's sweet, I love it, but stop, common, yeah, I know, put the camera down, mom, common..."
And of course, we had to "go night night". All three (yes, we are now up to three) Gators had to be tucked in. We have Gator the original (a 50 cent steal from the dollar isle) Fat Gator (a truck stop find in Nebraska) and the newest edition, Love Gator (a Valentine's Day special from the dollar isle). All are from the same company, so look pretty much the same, but each have their own variations. And this boy loves each one of them. There is more alligator in that bed than Jenssen.
So, we played, and played. We learned that we can now jump out of bed, throw all of our bedding out of bed, throw it in bed, both mom and dad fit in the bed, and he even thought Izzy would like to get in there. Then it came time to take a bath and actually sleep in the bed...
Slightly different story. We kept the same nighttime routine, and he layed down. All was well, then about 5 minutes later I hear "mommy?" "mommy???" MOMMY??" 5 minutes of that, and a few tears, I had to go in. He was standing by the door (he hadn't opened it, which surprised the heck out of me!) holding his blanket, his three gators, his back hoe (which also frequently joins us for bed time) and the hand sanitizer from the changing table. He pointed to the hallway, like "common mom, let's go". So, we rocked and sang some more, then I laid him back down. He patted the dump truck on the comforter as I walked out, and said "ove you" in response to my "love you". Not a peep since. Let's hope the rest of the night is as quite as this. I did put the baby gate in the doorway, since there is no way to keep him out of the bathroom or from getting out the front door thanks to the type of door handles and locks we have, which he is quite good at.
Ah, my little guy isn't so little anymore. No more coming in in the morning to see him jumping in the crib (although I'm sure there will still be jumping) and handing me every stuffed animal and blanket he had to take with him the night before, before putting his arms up and waiting for me to lift him out. I suppose there will be lots of no mores coming my way. It's so weird, because I always thought as he grows up, I would be fine with it. On to bigger and better things, plus I'd have another one behind him putting his hands up needing a lift out of the crib, right? But walking in in the morning to see that little guy's face and excitement as he sees you, can it get any better?
As any parent would tell me, I'm sure those memories don't get better, you just get more of them. I can't wait, my memory bank is ready!
Sleep good little buddy. If ya fall out, climb back in. I'll see ya in the morning, jumping away!

The part about the 3 gators, blanket, backhoe and hand sanitizer made my day. Miss that little cute guy!
ReplyDelete