Yup, I said rain. My beautiful winter wonderland I was beginning to love is being melted away like the wicked witch as we speak. I have mixed feelings. Although seeing my grass is nice, knowing I am seeing it through a layer of melted snow and ice covered with rain makes me feel uneasy about the next couple days when the temperature drops from the current 33 back down to the norm of 3.
I'm pretty sure Izzy will slide down the stairs as she goes out in the mornings, and it won't be pretty. I better find a vet that opens early and specializes in dog sprains.... I'll have to get her some yak tracks of her own!
I have been a little bitter you could say, about the cold and snow. I mean, what happened to the pretty fall colors? Eh, cold, wet, who wants that. However, after work Friday night, I walked out to the mailbox to check the mail (what else would you be walking to the mailbox for?) and I looked down at the snow, which sparkled in the moon light. It was so pretty, and I smiled. One of those smile moments, when you don't quite know why you are smiling, and if someone saw you they'd think you're up to something. But nope, just smiling at the pretty sparkly snow. Reminded me of decorating for prom junior year with Andrea in Mr. Payne's lab... glitter wasn't easily acquired for future prom decorations, and the night Brent and Kim got engaged. So much glitter.... there is probably still glitter around the ponds, sorry dad... It made me think of all the fun snow days we had growing up, all the snow covered Christmas days, and Jenssen's face when he first realized how cold snow was. Anyway, I was starting to appreciate the snow and the way it transformed the area into a winter wonderland. Now it is a skating rink... I suppose I have time to enjoy the snow again. After all, I live in Alaska.
Still raining. That's over 24 hrs. Anchorage school districts canceled school today, and apparently have tomorrow. I know how fun a snow day can be, but how fun can an ice day be? Then again, Alaskans are creative. Justin didn't have work call until 11 am today, and 10 am tomorrow. Even the Army can't work! But nurses, well, ya know, people still get sick ;)
Besides the freezing rain, we aren't up to much. Counting down the days until we get home for Christmas! Under one month now, yay! Start thinking of a scavenger hunt dad, because Kim and I are ready to go! Cori, Amy, Brent, and Justin, try to stay with us this year! Hopefully we will get to see everyone while we are home. Let me know if anyone wants to do something special, we are marking the calender, and it's filling up fast!
I did something this weekend I thought I'd never do... put up my Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. I know, I know, I'm one of those. But to my defense, people put outdoor Christmas decorations up at the start of October, and now I see why. Once we get our layers of snow, freezing rain, snow, freezing rain, it gets a bit dangerous to get on your roof and hang up lights. No lights for me, but Justin was in a good mood (I don't want him crawling into our crawl space bringing up my christmas bulbs in a bad and "throwy" mood), Jenssen was on his way to a long nap (he is NOT helpful at dusting, arranging, or decorating, unless you want something broke...), so I had Justin get them all out for me. It's looked like Christmas day for a month now, you can't really blame me.
Our house is so exciting, here is how we spend our Saturday mornings. If you watch the whole thing, I will point out a few things. 1, I don't like sponge bob, not sure why it's on, but it is. 2, Izzy was sleeping downstairs and decided to see what the excitement was upstairs. She isn't in a jail, just doesn't realize she can jump over the baby gate. 3, Charlie is a nice cat huh? This boy should have way more cat scratches than he does!
New baby boy is doing good. Well, from what I can tell. If random jabs and kicks are a sign of good, we are on track! Jenssen saw a baby in church, and I said, "baby" he pointed at the baby, then at my belly. I think he's getting the idea.... I hope. I'm feeling good, and sleeping even better now that I found my prego wedge pillow and body pillow. I'm a little worried that Justin wants one to, they are comfortable! The thought of having two Pekas boys in my house (well, three really) is starting to sink in. I'll make it, I'll make it, I'll make it.... right?
With Thanksgiving coming up, I want to say thank you to each and every one of you. If you are reading this, it is because you know me, (if it is to leave spam, don't...) and every person I met has had an impact on me. Thank you for that. I have been so blessed in my life, and I give thanks for that every day. I hope you all take the time to reflect on what you are truly thankful for this week, for we all have so much more than we realize.
Happy Thanksgiving, and shopping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am standing in a Lon line waiting to get my ks divers license...blah....
ReplyDeleteSmiling whilereadung ur blog- kin of like you smiling at the snow!
See you in a few weeks!
LOVE the video! Can't wait for Jenssen to come and play and learn new words! I got a list started and so many new books to read. My vote for your poll question: The Macy's Thanksgiving parade (with the family in the background complaining)!!!
ReplyDelete