Sorry I've been a little late on an update. And we've even had stuff going on. What it was, I can't remember now, but it was exciting I'm sure!
We did have the baby appointment. She may be moving my due date back a week or so, but we'll know for sure Monday, when we find out pink or blue! Baby was doing good, Jenssen even said "be-be" when we found the heart beat! I am so excited to find out the sex. We didn't find out with Jenssen, which was fun. I never had the desire to know, I wanted to be surprised. But now, whoa, I can't wait! So tell me, what do you think, boy or girl?
The rest of the week was spent watching the snow fall, and fall, and fall. "Finally, something for our studded tires to dig into" I heard on the radio one day. With 4 wheel drive, and studded tires, I'm set in the Jeep. Justin even put new brakes on, so I'm ready to go!
We even got out to play! I found a steal at the PX, a $.77 kid shovel. Well, there were like 80 of them, so not really a steal, but still, Jenssen loves it.
Don't worry, he wasn't cold. He had no less than 3 layers on, with his thermal pjs as the final layer.
Jenssen has been in fine form. Justin had Thursday and Friday off for Veteran's Day, so we made good use of it and took the little guy in for a hair cut. I saw a cute place in Anchorage called "Haircuts for Peanuts". Of course, we couldn't go there, we had to go to the PX on base. So here is my soon to be 2 year old, and his baby hair (it had kinda grown out), and a bunch of soldiers and airmen. They called Jenssen's number, and Justin went up with him. Jenssen sat on Justin's lap and wasn't too sure about this lady, or the other 10 guys in the chairs. One sucker latter, he decided he didn't care. The lady asked what Justin wanted done with the little guy's hair. Justin, army man, naturally said "high and tight" I peeped up from the chair across the room "No! High and tight, he's not even 2!" Justin goes "what do you want?" I said "maybe, not so high, not so tight?" You see, the little stinker knows when he gets his hair cut, and looks more like a little boy. Little boys are more naughty than 22 month olds. Believe me. I tried to keep a little naughtiness away. Well, not so high, not so tight, still means naughty. I'm starting to think this may have more to do with genes than hair cuts? Oh, please be a girl....
I know you are all just dying to know what Justin got me for my birthday. Answer to poll question, all of the above! He got me Sure Cuts A lot to go with my Cricut (wow, that thing can do a lot!), got me flowers the week before, that I suppose I will count as birthday, promises to go shopping with me while I spend my birthday money from the grandmas, and is going to do laundry for a month! Well, no on the laundry part... common, we are married, I'm lucky to get the first three!
Well, Justin is requesting that I kick his butt on Move Sports Volleyball on the PS3. Can't disappoint!
Don't forget to vote, and check back in Monday evening (possibly not until midnight central time though by the time I get the big brother to bed..) to see if we are buying more trucks and dinosaurs or getting new purses and easy bake ovens!
Goodnight, and Happy Veteran's Day (a little late) to all you Veteran's. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. To do what you have done, or are still doing, is something I never could, and I am so very thankful that you were willing. We are free because of you, and for that I will be forever grateful.
Thank You!
(To see more pictures from the last couple of weeks in Alaska, visit my album.)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2355912&id=17210321&l=1abe3dc431

No comments:
Post a Comment