Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mr. Jenssen

Well, I'm sure you are all tired of my hiking pictures. I know the real reason you all read through my stories is to hear about the most handsome little boy in the Great up North.

I thought I'd fill ya in on what the little guy has been up to.



He learned how to drink from a straw with his new sippy cup. Well, this was actually something that he was taught back in Nebraska, but now he's very good at it! He still needs to learn that with straws, there is no need, infact, it isn't helpful at all, to tip the cup.


We made home made play dough. I found a website with all kinds of play dough recipes.
http://babyparenting.about.com/cs/activities/a/playdough.htm
in case anyone wanted to have some fun on a rainy day. I used the first recipe, rubbery play dough. Baking soda, water, and corn starch. What can baking soda not do? Yea, I asked myself that also.


Obviously this was when we started, as everything is clean. Anyway, we had a good time. Jenssen tried to eat it, decided it didn't have much flavor. Maybe next time we will try the peanut butter recipe. Now it's in the fridge, waiting for our next play dough day.


Of course playing with Charlie is a daily activity. Charlie is his new ride, only she doesn't move very fast, if at all. She's a good cat to put up with him.

We go to the park a few times a week, rain or shine. Thanks Grandma Judy aka "J-Lo" as those in the performing circle know her, for the rain coat, it came in handy.


We put a nice ribbon on Izzy. It was pretty.


What you are seeing here is the first bubbles blown by Jenssen Thomas Pekas! We have been working on it for a while, and usually it ends up with a lot of soap on Jenssen's mouth. But, dad came down to take pictures at just the right moment, to catch the first bubbles on camera. Of course, these have been the only bubbles since, as all attempts after this have resulted in more bubbles on the mouth. Also, notice the 100% muscle he is supporting. The boy's got some guns.


We attempted Garbonzo bean day. I say attempted, because I'm not 100% sure that this day will be repeated. It was great fun for Jenssen, but made quite a mess. Good thing I have a little kitchen that contains the mess pretty well. The words, "don't throw the garbonzo beans" was said MANY times. It took a while for him to figure out what was stuck on his foot, every time he stood up.


Who knows how many garbonzo beans are under the stove and fridge. By the end of the day, we had learned that both Jenssen and Izzy do not like garbonzo beans, no matter how many times they tried them. They are all put away now, but maybe we will get them back out, when Grandma and Aunt Cori come visit ;)



Of course, we had to have finger painting day. I love this kid. Had to say it. He was pretty messy by the end, but it was a WARM Alaska day, so we played with the sprinkler after and dad couldn't even tell Jenssen was covered in paint from head to toe.

And our favorite. We chat it up with our family back home. Jenssen usually cooperates, but many a tantrum have been seen over the lines of communication.

Well, just a little glimpse into the daily life of Jenssen. Hope you enjoyed it!

And, on the pole question for the week, how many earthquakes does Alaska average a year? Answer is....... 1,000. That frightened me, and I started reading up on how to survive an earthquake when Justin reminded me that Alaska is pretty big. Then again, anchorage sits on a fault line... so.... You'll be reading a post of my first earth quake sometime I'm sure. Anyway, thanks for voting, now to think of one for this week!

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Jenssen update. My luck, there will be an earthquake when we're there visiting!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been your best post thus far! What I've been waiting to read.

    When this aunt comes to visit there will be no garbonzo bean activity. (How did you come up with that?)Instead, we will have finger paiting with pudding, writing in shaving cream, make Jenssen a TP mummy, bake cookies, and jump on beds! Aw I can't wait! Give that growing kid a hug and kiss from me!

    (Oh and I figured out my posting problem; Firefox won't let me post so I'm using Explorer)

    ReplyDelete