Sunday, April 8, 2012

He went Robot...

Cori wanted to take Jenssen to the church's Easter egg hunt on Saturday.  Although his first season of being an active participant in an egg hunt, Jenssen did get a "dress rehearsal" so to speak at egg hunting during preschool last week.  I decided to tag along for pictures.

We showed up to the east lawn of the church, and saw that many eggs had been scattered in the grass, as well as signs displaying the age range for that particular area.  While we waited for the official whistle to blow, Jenssen and I discussed his strategy.  Mostly, it was pick up eggs.  However, we went into details like
1. Jenssen goes by himself as mommy will stay behind and watch.
2. We be nice (to which he said, "what is nice?" and "why be nice?", thankfully my response of "because we do" was met with apparent understanding).
3.  We don't push other kids.
4.  If another kid pushes Jenssen, we say "excuse me, that was not nice" instead of knocking said kid down and stealing his eggs.
5.  Don't eat grass.
6.  Stay on the grass (making #5 harder...)
7.  It is okay if another kid gets the egg you wanted.  There are more.
8.  Have fun!

We even discussed and pointed to which eggs would be picked up first.  Our game face was on.  We were ready.

The whistle was blown and the kids were off.  Well, most kids.  All the kids, but one.


Jenssen went "robot."

All our prepration was a waste.  I turned to Cori and muttered "He went Robot..."

In the frenzy of 60+ children picking up eggs, mine stood in the middle, arms out, mechanically walking on the grass, saying "Robot... Robot..."

Cori and I yelled "Pick up and egg!"  "Get an egg!"  "Jenssen... err... Robot!  Pick up an egg!"

He did manage to lower his robot self to get and egg and a piece of candy.  In 1 minute, 22 seconds, the lawn was clear.  As kids returned to their parents, proudly showing off their loot, mine stood in a yard, smiling, still rumbling "Robot Robot."

He got two prizes, most kids averaged 20.  I'm thinking Jenssen had way more fun though.



 I love this Robot....

No comments:

Post a Comment