Monday, August 23, 2010

Cooler days...

It's true. It is dark dark by 10:30, and I really need to start shutting the windows at night. I even contemplated putting the flannel sheets on the bed....

Justin was pleased when I told him the poll results this week. He only wishes he was down there looking for Gwen. In truth, he left last week to go to Fort Polk LA for some training. Jenssen and I took him to the base with a few camo bags, and said goodbye. We sure miss him! The kitchen does stay a bit cleaner, but I'll put up with the mess to keep him around.


Before Daddy left, he got a haircut. The day after daddy left, Jenssen got one. Truth be told, I kinda messed up the one from the day before, so we went for the get you monies worth buzz cut. I can't believe the attitude change in this kid when his hair is short. With longer hair, he is my sweet little kisser and hugger baby. With short hair, he is a terrible 2 at 19 months. He's always cute though!
While video chatting with Grandma and Grandpa he had an oreo, then played peek a boo. Bath time was definitely needed that night.


Work has been going really good for me. I finally got the hang of the computer system, as well as kids in general. Well, kinda. Stickers make the world better. We have been really busy with getting kids ready for school, and before we know it it will be cold and flu season.

With my temporary increase in hours at work, and Justin being gone for training, Jenssen has been spending quite a bit of time at the Nelsons. He loves it over there. Every day I pick him up, he comes running, gives me a hug, then goes back to playing. Like "hey mom, glad you could join us!" Today when I dropped him off, he walked up to the door holding my hand, carrying his own little bag for the day. I rang the door bell, he stood there, and when one of the girls opened it he handed her the bag, and walked right in and up the stairs. Such a big guy! After this first week of school, my hours will drop back down, so I can go back to being more of an at home mommy. I kinda miss that!

This week marks the visit of my first celebrity guest. Judy "J-Lo" (my grandma!) and my great aunt and uncle Jim and Linda will be here for a few weeks, keeping me entertained until Justin comes home. I have no doubt grandma will shop me under the table... I can't wait!

Toodles!

5 comments:

  1. Is that a New Jersey Housewife on the TV...I guess Justin is still gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if anyone would notice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't get much past my sharp mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you guys, and love you even more. I am so glad things are going well for you, and that you have such great family to come and visit so often. So many blessings..... <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Priscilla. I miss everyone back home, but keeping in mind all my blessings does help!

    ReplyDelete